Our purpose is to help older singles, primarily women, who have no family or support system able to help and who find themselves on the brink of disaster, like homelessness.
Each potential client will be evaluated on an individual basis. While not hard and fast guidelines, our projected client would be:
- Single (widowed, divorced, or never married)
- No extended family or friends in a position to help.
- Limited employment potential due to illness, age, disability, or other underlying reason
- “Gap coverage” when public or governmental assistance is not enough or when client does not qualify.
We accept James 1:27 as our mandate: “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” Therefore, OSAi will answer this call by meeting both the physical and spiritual needs of our clients.
Some examples of the type of assistance we hope to offer:
- Rent and/or mortgage payments for short periods to prevent eviction.
- Utility bill payment to prevent loss of services.
- Grocery stipend.
- Medical, dental, vision, and pharmaceutical funding.
- Access to professional financial advisers who will provide training and materials so clients can become self-sufficient and financially educated.
All the above and more will be offered as the extended “hands and feet” of the Gospel.